Publishing and Releasing of Media
- You must request permission from the Archives & Special Collections librarian to publish or to release media created employing the contents of Archives and Special Collections materials. This includes but is not limited to use of photographs, images, and excerpts in articles, papers, Websites, blogs, and social media.
- Whenever possible, we grant one-time publication and media production rights to applicants. In granting single-work permission to publish or to produce media,
Benedictine University does not surrender its own right to publish or to release media created from materials in its collections or to grant permission to others to publish them.
- If single-work, one-time permission to publish or to release media is granted, you must indicate the location of the cited material in the published work. Refer to our Citing Archives Materials page for guidelines.
- Please donate a copy of all publications or media works that rely heavily on the collections of the Benedictine University Archives to the Library upon publication or release.
- Benedictine University does not assume responsibility for infringement of copyright in the material held by others.